Posted by: Nikcy | 2009-04-20

Heavey Bleeding

Hi, i get my periods very heavy, every month like this, i went to my docter and gynae but my gynae said its nothing bad its only that i have a ' thick lining"  or something. I just want a second opinion. The bleeding is so heavy when i stand up from sitting i can feel it coming down. When i go to the toilet (pee) its like im peeing blood. If im finish peeing i need to first sit and let the blood comes down. There is thick pieces in as weLL. At first i though its miscarriages but it happen now every month for almost a year.

Dear Nikcy
It sounds like you have menorragia (too heavy menstruation) . It is sometimes caused by hormonal factors or by a hereditary problem with clotting. If your doctor/s did not do some blood tests they did not examine you properly.

It may help to use a contraceptive tablet or to use a Mirena IUD device. Heavy bleeding can lead to iron deficiency anemia.
Read more on,12372.asp

Posted by: jk | 2009-04-21

I struggle with the same sometimes. But I am already on the pill.

Reply to jk