Posted by: Yas | 2009-05-28

heat sensation

Hi Im a 22 year old in good health i train 4 times a week doing strength traning Im very into training. I have been experiencing warmth on my shin and calf area it comes for 5 seconds and goes about 6 times a day though I need you to bear in mind the following. 1) when I dont train my right leg seems to get kind of sore I dont know if I might have a slight injury but I have had this for a while it didnt concern me. 2) I recently had a flare of eczema on that region but I doubt its that as Ive had it many times before on that area had my gp see to it also wasnt to concerned . 3) right now my leg and thigh (groin downwards) has a weird sensation and I feel on and of pain on my calfs and other areas of my leg and thigh but when massaged feels some what better.

Can you think what this could be? I am currently taking an SSRI drug cipramil for treatment of panic attacks but I doubt its causing this maybe it could. What concerns me is this warmth and funny sensation I feel

Thank you I look foward to your answer

Hi Yas
It sounds to me like it could be a nerve sensation - like when a nerve pinches between two muscles or in the back at the spine. Maybe you should let your GP/ a physiotherapist examine you to see if you have a problem with this?