Question
Posted by: Faiz | 2008/09/22

Heartrate monitoror

Where can I purchase a heartrate monitor and how much will it cost?

HI Faiz

Any sports store - Total Sports, Sportsmans Warehouses all sell them. The price depends hugely on what you want from it. The very advanced ones, which you probably don't need, would set you back over R4000, but you can get pretty decent ones, with all the basic functions, for between R1000 and R2000. I'd say that's what you need to look at. One thing to avoid is to buy one that is limited within 6 months, because you realise there are functions that you need but don't have because you went in too low. So get one that has all the measurements - the extra cost of the top of the range ones comes from the analysis software, the memory, the additional features that are more detailed than you need wory about.

1
Posted by: Lisa | 2008/09/23

I brought my polar watch at Mr Price sport for R999.00, it works very well, it indicates calories burned, heart rate etc

Reply to Lisa