Question
Posted by: Mangs | 2011/09/28

heartrate

Good day Doc.

i am a healthly and fit lady i gym 3-4times per week for 2hours, i weigh 64KG, my lenghth is 1.60, i had flue lastweek but now i am fine, Yesterday i wnt to gym i checked my blood preasure and my heart rate was normal, while i was walking on the Trademill i kept on getting the warning sign that my heart rate is very hinght, it was going from 131-139, i was not running i was just walking, i kept on walking for 20 minute, i am scared because i dont know what this heart rate mean, could you pleawse help, should i take this seriously, how is this affect my health. Thank you so much for your help.

Dear Mangs
I am sorry to hear that you had flu. If your heart rate suddenly increased to 131- 139, this indicates that there may be some problem with your heart. Please don't panic, because this is probably just a temporary thing, but do please go to your doctor for a medical checkup. Rather safe than sorry. Influenza can be quite a serious illness and it can take up to 3 weeks before patients have fully recovered. So I would also feel happier if you can get your doctor to check out if you have recovered completely. In the meanwhile, rest and take it easy and don't do any physical exercise until the dr gives the go-ahead.

1

Dear Mangs