Posted by: Bonita | 2010-01-27

Hi, I have started exercising more this year and have been taking my pulse before and after exercising. Before my pulse is around 52 and after (walking fast for 4,5km) it is 44. I am confused, shouldn' t it go up. My friend who walks with me finds the same - that her pulse goes down.
We walk quite fast and are finished when we stop.

Hi Bonita

There's no way that your pulse will be only 44 after exercise. It should be closer to 144. How are you measuring this? If you and your friend both wear heart rate monitors, then it may be that your values are interfering with one another.

But this is a measurement thing, because it's impossible to be that low after exercise.

GOod luck

Posted by: Anon | 2010-01-27

if that also happens to someone else that should normal. I' ll start keeping an eye on mine.