Posted by: BB | 2009-02-12

Doctor, I wrote to you a week back about an abcess tooth and possible infection. Well, I didn' t get to the doctor in time for antibiotics and now I feel cold sweats during the day, just general not feeling well and since this morning I have a sharp pain underneath my left breast, radiating to the back and my sholder.

Could I have encountered some kind of heart infection? I have a bovine valve, female, 43 years old. Please help, I think about going to the doctor tomorrow, but my GP is out of town.

Dear BB
Yes it is possible, rather see a doctor even if it is another one or one at an emergency department of a local hospital. Endocarditis is what they should exclude.