Posted by: Cindy | 2011-04-05

Heartburn vs Ulcer vs ??

Doc, after eating a meal containing garlic about 4 hours later woke up with extreme stomach pain. During the night and into Sat excrutiating pain with a very swollen stomach and the constant taste of garlic repeating in the back of the throat. Feeling of huge amounts of gas inside the entire stomach area. Today is day 4 and finally finding some relief thanks to an array of tablets and finally charcoal tablets. Experience some occassional heartburn and wonder if this recent episode is related to heartburn?
The last time this happened was after I ate bean salad, maybe the type of food causing too much gas?

It is possible that the spicy food causes further gastric irritation. I suggest that you consult a doctor for a full examination and a possible referral for a gastroscopy.