Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2011/02/08

Heartburn / Reflux

Hi Doc,

Lately i have been suffering terribly from indigestion / heartburn.

On Saturday we went out and i had very rich food, with a couple of glasses of wine, while sleeping i woke up in a fright as i was beginning to vomit but not much came out (and this happened a few weeks before about 3 times in one night), like my stomach is pushing it out, i panic as i think i''m going to choke in my sleep and end up sleeping sitting up.

Lately I''ve been burping allot. and i hate this heaviness i get in my chest after I''ve eaten something. Could it just be an allergy to certain foods, do i just live on gaviscon or is there something stronger that will help.

Like now I''ve had a bowl of pronutro and it''s repeating on me like crazy.

thanks in advance

Hallo Lisa
It sounds to me as if you may have a hiatus hernia with reflux of food when you lie down. Ask your doctor to refer you for a gastroscopy to confirm. See http://www.medindia.net/animation/Hiatus_hernia.asp

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/08

Hallo Lisa