Posted by: Anon | 2011-04-04

Heartburn / Indigestion?

Hello Dr.

To provide some background information, I have recently been suffering from anxiety which i believe I am successfully recovering from.
Male, 30 yrs old, healthy, smoker.
On Friday i started getting heartburn / bloating feeling and as if my food was not going down my throat. I used Gaviscon on Friday and saturday and it removed the heartburn however since yesterday i feel this warm / burning feeling in the upper part (centre) of my abdomen as if im starving.
I should also mention a week ago (last Monday) i suffered from a cold and took antibiotics / aspirin so i do not know if this could have affected my lining.
What could be the cause and possible cure? Or should i visit my doctor.
I also had ecg, stress test etc done recently and they are fine, likewise blood pressure.

It is possible that you are suffering from a peptic ulcer and I suggest that you consult your doctor to have a gastroscopy done. Refer to the following link for more details about a peptic ulcer: