Posted by: Kedibone | 2012-05-26

Heartburn, Bloating 7 weeks Pregnant

Hi Dr, i''m 7 weeks prenant with 24hr heartburn, bloating and nausea. Is this normal? I eat litte or dont eat at all nd when i think i m ''better'' that will be when i vomit. i have become grumpy because i do not sleep well at night nd during weekends when not at work all i do is sleep.
i hate the taste of gaviscon nd the effect lasts for 5mins nd im back to square one

please help.

Kind regards,

Heartburn and fatigue are normal symptoms during pregnancy. Unfortunately, Gaviscon is the only medication that is safe during pregnancy. There are a few different preparations and maybe the Gaviscon Advanced peppermint will not be as bad.

Posted by: Mabatho | 2012-05-28

I would you try drinking lots of water and rooiboos tea.

Reply to Mabatho