Posted by: Erin | 2012-07-18

I''ve had heartburn and a chronic wet cough for well over a year. I had all the tests...lungs, heart, and more recently a scope. No results were found, everything seems to be normal. This has become problematic lately. I have no appetite whatsoever, I don''t even realize when I need to eat. I have to keep an eye on my watch to remember when to eat, and if I forget to do that, I only remember when I start to feel slightly dizzy. My doctor keeps prescribing Nexium, but it doesn''t help at all. I feel better when I exercise, pity I have to work and can''t exercise all day. I am 45 years old. What is my next step?

I suggest that you consult a general surgeon for a specialised opinion. In the interim you can use Gaviscon Plus, three times daily before meals. You should eat small, regular meals.

Posted by: Gracious Makwarimba | 2012-07-25

I had something like this too for a long time and i was so thin it was embarrassing. A friend got me to start taking a natural aloe vera product called Berry nectar with cranberry and apple seed and juice and i also took the chocolate shake when i did not feel like eating. I also took another suppliment call Garlic and thyme and Bee pollen. These products helped me very much and right now i do not suffer from this anymore and am now a proud distributor of the products myself and most of the people i sell to, always get better and recommend it to sm1 else. u can call/txt/whatsup me for more details. I hope this helps u too.
+263 772289246

Reply to Gracious Makwarimba
Posted by: Maggie | 2012-07-20

Candida in the digestive tract can cause heartburn. Also a lack eof stomach acid, not too much, but too llittle, so I''ve heard tell.

Reply to Maggie
Posted by: Wendy | 2012-07-20

My son is 29 and suffers terribly, he bloats up and doubles over from pain. He was drinking Gaviscon like water. Casualty told him to stop Gaviscon and Nexium was prescrbed. After his 3rd casualty visit they admitted him, he had a scope for a suspected ulcer, nothing. Then a shrink saw him and put him on anti depressants....a year later he is still is pain, on the same medication and no better off. I give up as it was a specialist physician that did the scope. I feel so helpless and we are both at our wits end as to what is wrong, I have also changed his eating habits, all in vain.

Reply to Wendy
Posted by: Lungile | 2012-07-20

i also suffer from heartburn since 2009 when i was pregnant. it never goes away and i end up avoiding foods high in starch fruit juices,bread and pizza cos its so uncomfortable. i agree that small regular meals do the trick and also drink lots of water

Reply to Lungile
Posted by: Shannon | 2012-07-20

You should definitely get that checked by a specialist. I knew someone who suffered from chronic heartburn for more than 6 months and it turned out to be lung cancer. I hope your prognosis isn''t as serious as cancer, good luck and get well soon!

Reply to Shannon