Question
Posted by: Angelique | 2010/01/26

Heartburn

I went to the doctor a week ago with stomach flu symptoms - nausia, stomach cramps and a flowing tummy. He asked me whether I had heartburn and I replied " no" . Now a week later I get heartburn every day for long periods, but I am not ill anymore. Never in my life have I ever struggled with heartburn. Why did the doctor ask me this, and what is the significance of having it a week later?

Hallo Angelique,
Heartburn is often a sign of a weak valve in the stomach. You can treat it symptomatically with something like Gaviscon, but if it persists you may need to use an acid suppressor medication (like Nexiam) for a few weeks. I think it is pure coincidence that you developed it now.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/26

Hallo Angelique,

Reply to cyberdoc