Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2009/10/19

heartbreak now causing total insomnia

I am going thru heartbreak after being left for a woman ten yrs my junior, in fact she is already pregnant. I wasn' t married to the guy but it had been years of a relationship.

I am a bit worried about the physical effects I am seeing, bad body aches esp my back. And in this last week things are worse. Last night I had total insomnia and lay awake all night until I got up to shower for work. During the night intermittently I kept finding myself shaking my head from side to side, sometimes for up to 6,7 minutes.

Last week I had very vivid dreams...I delivered and breastfed the baby, the mother came into the room but could not see me, only the baby could see me.
In another dream I helped my ex with his wedding arrangements to this young lady. Very strange dreams.

is all of this normal for heartbreak and can I assume it will end soon?

thank you
Sarah

Sorry to hear of this, Sarah
Sounds like he's busy messing up his life, but this doesn't need to mess up yours. Grief is hard work, and stress increases muscle tensions and amplifies pain of any origin. The dreams simply reflect how these sudden facts intruding into your life, are pre-ocupying you at present, and they should fade away.
It seems like it will never fade, and then you suddenly find that it has.

5
Posted by: Me | 2009/10/20

Sarah, you will be fine, and happier every day - even if it' s only a tiny bit happier at a time. My heart is with you.
Smile. You are better off and now your real life can ensue.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Rick | 2009/10/19

Sorry about your stuation, Ive gone through a divorce nearly a year ago so I know what you are talking about. Try talking about your break up to close friends and offload your feelings onto people who care about you.

Try and keep busy as well, it takes your mind off things. I found that going to gym and exercising is great for stress relief.

Praying was a life saver for me.

Good luck,
Rick

Reply to Rick
Posted by: Phil | 2009/10/19

Yes Sarah, it is normal and it will end. But it takes a long time, and unfortunately the emotions and pain do manifest physically and in dreams. Not nice, but trust me. It will eventually get better. Been there...

Reply to Phil

Sorry to hear of this, Sarah

Sorry to hear of this, Sarah