Posted by: Surity | 2008-11-13

Heartbeat at 79 on week 14

I went for a scanner 2 days ago and the heartbeat was 79. My gynae did not say anything and i just got worried when i read that a normal fetal heartbeat should be between 120-160. I miscarried previously at 17 weeks with no reason given. Should i be worried or was the fetus probably not active thus bringing the heartbeat down?

Heartbeats can slow for a few minutes at a time. If this heart rate is consistent, there could be a problem. I would suggest that you discuss it with your gynaecologist and arrange a follow-up scan.

Posted by: Desperado | 2008-11-13

Girl I will seriously get a second opinion
I don' t want to scare you but it does not sound normal. To my knowledge it should definately be above 100
Go to another gynae and explain your conern and ask to see tham asap

Reply to Desperado