Posted by: zeetah | 2011-05-24

Good day
before exercise (at gym) my heartbeat is about 108, during exercises it goes up to about 170 - 180. when cooling down i can only manage to bring my heartrate down to about 124.
no thyroid problems and everything is fine. (was tested last year this time.) could this be normal?

It could be. The problem with heart rate is that it's very difficult to measure in a controlled way. It's not unueual for heart rate to be above 100 as you're about to exercise. It's not unusual to reach 170 while you train and during a cool down, 124 is also not unusual. It depends on how and when you are measuring it though, but nothing you've said sounds particularly unusual, so I don't think so. If you were tested, then that's also a good thing. I mean, if you ever experience chest tightness or difficulty breathing or pain, then listen to your body and stop immediately, but it sounds like there's nothing too untoward there.