Question
Posted by: Gail | 2012/10/10

Heart rate increase

Why do I get an uncomfortable feeling as if my heartrate increases drastically after eating. I also get terribly bloated and have sever abdominal discomfort as well as breathlessness after eating anything - no matter how small the portion. I sometimes experience terrible anxiety attacks as well as dizziness- have been diagnosed with peptic ulcer - could this cause all of above symptoms

Dear Gail
I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so ill. If you suffer with anxiety attacks they can make you feel very breathless and dizzy, and cause the palpitations. The terrible bloating and severe abdominal discomfort can very easily be due to your peptic ulcer. I trust that you are receiving medica treatment for the peptic ulcer and your anxiety attacks. I would also recommend that you consult a clinical psychologist (ask your dr to refer you to one), to help you with therapy to overcome the anxiety attacks and to handle stress in ways that do not debilitate you so badly. If you feel that you need a specific ulcer diet, then it will be helpful to consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area).
I do hope that you will get professional help with your anxiety attacks and that the treatment for the peptic ulcer will soon have you feeling much better.

1

Dear Gail