Question
Posted by: Gillia | 2011-01-17

Heart rate

I recently started gym. I am fairly fit and healthy 40yr old. I have noticed that my heart rate is extremely high compared to the chart for my age (175). Infact it is off the chart. I don''t feel like I''m over exerting myself at all. I have developed earache though and was wondering if it''s because I am a liitle bit unwell. If not should I be concerned?

Dear Gillia
I would recommend that you have a medical examination and discuss your high heart rate with the doctor. Rather safe than sorry. The dr will also be able to check out why you are suffering from earache and prescribe the necessary treatment. If the dr gives you a clean bill of health (no high blood pressure, etc) ask him/her what type of exercise he/she would recommend that you do in future to prevent you from increasing your heart rate to such high levels.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-01-18

Dear Gillia