Posted by: Gert Rautenbach | 2009-09-03

Heart rate

When I exercise my heart rate go up tp 182. It this normal. Can I take medicine to help me loose weight I exercise but do not loose weight. Please help

Hi Gert

It's high, but by itself, not anything to panic about. I would say you need to monitor it and if you find it suddenly spikes, then maybe you need to do something about it. But if you find that it rises steadily and then stays there, then you just have a high heart rate, and that's no big deal.

I do think that you should stick with it a little longer than maybe you have. There's no medicine to help lose weight - the only things are exercise and a healthy diet. If you haven't looked at the diet, then I would suggest you do, because this is vital and if you're not losing weight then that is a major part of the solution.

As for exercise just keep it up, watch that heart rate and make sure you're safer.