Posted by: JOHN | 2009-01-19

Heart Question

Can you give me some advise about 8 months ago my BP was 140/90 and after a few checks i was put on half a tablet of Losarton 25mg and BP is now 100/70 110/70 i have also dropped weight from 90kg to 85 and do gym everyday.My cholesterol came down total was 4.28mmol/l ,triglycerides .66mmol/l HDL 1.17MMOL/L AND LDL 2.81mmol/l.

Also had an scan of heart done all ok did a stress ecg all ok but this is where i need your help every now and then i get like a twinge in the left side of my chest,just above my nipple it lasts for say 4 seconds.Could it be a muscle type thing related to gym ???

Thanks i have been worried since going on BP Pills and also as i am now 40.

Dear John
You should ask your GP if you can try stopping the Losartan as your BP is now a bit on the low side. The pain you feel is unlikely to be due to your heart, and is probably a muscle spasm.