Question
Posted by: Ellen | 2011-10-30

Heart problems?

I was diagnosed with bronchitis earlier in the week. Since then I experienced chest pain when walking fast (I had no choice, not planned exercise). When I stopped the pain was gone. Then a few days later, I experienced a sharp pain centre left chest. I was bent over when it happened and when I sat up straight the pain was gone. It only lasted about 3 seconds. I also have a history of reflux. Should I be worried?

Ellen

In light of your symptoms, you should consult your doctor as soon as possible for a stress ECG to determine if there is any pathological cause for your symptoms. Bronchitis can give symptoms like chest pain, shortness of breath and coughing but to be on the safe side, consult your doctor.