Posted by: Katie | 2009-04-06

Heart Problems?

Please can you give me your honest opinion as to whether this requires medical treatment.
For the past two months my left hand fingers have been total numb and it seems to get worse in the evenings. Along with that, I have headaches, a sore neck and I' m constantly tired.
Do you think this is something serious?

Hallo Katie
You may have a neck and shoulder spasm with trigger points in the muscle and a pinched nerve in the neck or at the wrist. You need to see your doctor for and examination, x/rays if needed or referral to a physiotherapist if needed.

Posted by: DR Bets | 2009-04-07

Hi Kate
Meningitis would be an acute disease, not chronic - you will have fever, a throbbing headache and won' t be able to touch your chest with your chin. It is transmitted in the air by droplets. It is unlikely that your symptoms are caused by meningitis if it has been going on for 2 months

Reply to DR Bets
Posted by: Katie | 2009-04-07

Thank you Dr Bets and Kat for your post.
So you don' t think my symptoms are anything to worry about?
A friend of mine suggested that I might have meningitis?
Are these symptoms of that and how is it transmitted?

Reply to Katie
Posted by: Kat | 2009-04-06

this sounds like a problem coming from the neck or back I would say.

Reply to Kat