Question
Posted by: anon | 2010-01-24

heart problem or just stress?

I am 59 in menopause with no HRT, taking eltroxin. I have recently developed somewhat raised blood pressure (not yet requiring medication) and during a very stressful and exhausting time recently I quite often had a tightness in the area of my breast bone and between my shoulders. Not so often right now but still occasionally.
l I have not mentioned the latter to my doctor yet but should I be tested for a heart problem or could this be a " normal"  stress reaction?

It is imperative to tell your doctor about your symptoms and to have a full cardiac workup, in order to exclude any heart conditions.