Posted by: Leanne | 2011-10-11

Heart palpitations and chest pain

Hi Doc, I every now and then have what feels like a palpitation of my heart, i was lying in bed and i can feel my heart beat two or three beats really hard and fast then it pumps normal, then happens again. It feels like the blood is being forced through my heart, almost like when you sleep on your arm and when you get up the blood rushes through the veins. I then woke up at 3:30 with the car alarm going off, and when I got back into bed it happened again, and this morning I had a sharp pain in my chest near my heart. Is this anxiety or could there be a problem with my heart?

It is possible that you might have a problem with your heart and I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and stress ECG, to exclude any heart pathology.