Posted by: nomama mei | 2013-01-10

heart palpitations

Dear Doctor

I have terrible heart palpitations and am stressed at times my heart would beat very strangley would u please help. Iam 37 yrs of age> 

Expert ImageCardiologist

Dear Nomama

You don’t describe your heart palpitations but it sounds like they are stress related. An irregular heart beat occurring in somebody whose heart is otherwise normal Is a common and benign condition, which usually does not require treatment. My advice would be to go and see your doctor, let him or her listen to the story, examine you, and do an ECG. That is probably all that is necessary, but if your doctor is concerned, he or she can always arrange for you to see a physician or cardiologist.

Best wishes.