Question
Posted by: Chrissie | 2012-07-23

Heart Palpitations

Dear Doc

I sometimes get for a day or 2 heart palpitations. I am 45 years old, female, a bit overweight. My GP did an ECG a couple of months ago and nothing was wrong. I do take thyroid medication for an underactive thyroid. I also take an Inderal tablet a day for the last couple of years.j

Could this be serious?

Chrissie

Your chronic medication might be the cause for the heart palpitations. I do suggest that you consult your doctor for a 24 hour ECG. This will give a much better indication of your heart rythm over a 24 hour period. It is very important to investigate heart palpitations, as it it could be a sign of underlying heart disease.