Question
Posted by: Tessa | 2011-01-25

heart palpitations??

I am a 44 year old female. I dont know if this is heart palpitations but I have had a few incidents like this recently. In the evenings my heart starts beating very fast and it feels like it is thumping and wanting to " jump"  out my chest - sorry, dont know how else to explain!! I am also having more headaches than normal (not something i usually suffer from)

Hallo Tessa
It sounds as if you may have a heart arrythmia and I think you should have it checked by your doctor (they check the rythm with an ECG). They can also do a holter ECG where you wear a small portable ECG machine for 24 hours to see what exactly happens when your heart starts palpitating. I don't think the headaches and palpitations are related unless you are very stressed at the moment.

2
Posted by: Olivia | 2011-01-25

I experienced the same thing - turned out my blood pressure was elevated. I had been really stressed at the time, thus the palpitations.

Does the headache feel like a " hairband"  of pain over the front of your head? That''s usually how a hypertension headache feels.

Best to see your doctor, though.

Reply to Olivia
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-01-25

Hallo Tessa