Posted by: Maggie | 2009-04-30

heart palpitations

good day doc
i often get heart palpitations and not sure exactly what causes it. Stress, etc? i even don' t drink coffee as i am not sure if i imagine this but whenever i drink coffee and day or two later i' ll get palpitations. sometimes i also feel tinkling in the fingers of my left hand and arm, not so much sore but i feel something. is there concern for my heart? or is it stress related, etc.
thanking you

Dear Maggie
It may be a good idea to just do an ECG to exclude heart arrythmias. I don't think the tinkling in the fingers has any relationship with the palpitations, this is often caused by a pinched nerve in the neck, elbow or wrist. I don't think the coffee is the reason for the palpitations, as it would cause it immediately, not two days later.

Posted by: Miss O | 2009-05-06

Dear Doc
i' ve had heart palpitations for the past 3 moths especially at night do you think it should be checked or maybe its due to stress

Reply to Miss O