Posted by: Therese | 2011-12-12

Heart palpatations

Good morning.

I would just like to get some advise. I am 25 years old, female, non smoker, excersise 3 times a week, healthy weight etc. The only health problem I have is anemia.

For the past month or so I have been getting hectic heart palpatations and shortness of breath and it feels like pain under my ribcage. This happens with regular day to day things like washing dishes, bathing my son, doing light excersises etc. This happened once before and the doctor told me that I have a heart murmur. They did an Ekg and I was sent for a heart sonar. I was told that all looked fine and that''s that. I''m a bit worried as I feel faint and tired all of the time and I can''t sleep. Should I maybe go back? What do you think?

Thank you!

It is important to reconsult your doctor to have your anemia re-evaluated. Anemia can be the cause for all your symptoms. It is imperative to ask your doctor to investigate the cause for your anemia, as anemia is a symptom and not a diagnosis.