Question
Posted by: H | 2010-10-25

Heart medication

I''m a 43 year old male with a leaking mitral heart valve. My heart is also enlarged. I used to be on Coversyl Plus but I''m using Ziak and Unat at the moment. Which of the medication is the better one for my condition ? I feel that the coversyl has work better before. I''m getting some pains in my chest lately with dizziness and feet are swollen a lot. Thanks for reply.

Hallo H
There is no "better" combination - it depends on what the doctor finds when he examines you and your symptoms. Ziak prevents palpitations but both will lower your blood pressure. You should tell your doctor about your symptoms as the swelling could be due to the Ziak

2
Posted by: Gesiggie (Cornel) | 2010-10-25

Hi H,

I am a leaky-mitral-valve-survivor. I am 35 and had my mitral valve fixed (prostetic ring) when I was 32. What is the grading of your leak? (1-6, 6 being severe) Have you discussed getting your valve replaced/fixed by Heart surgeon?

In which area are you?

Reply to Gesiggie (Cornel)
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-10-25

Hallo H