Question
Posted by: Sonja Malan | 2009-11-18

Heart Failure

Hi there,

My Mom suffered heart failure in 2007. The Doctor at the time put her on heart medication (Carvidilol). Now the Doctors at the Government Hospitals and Clinics are saying that she doesn' t need heart medication and all she needs is water tablets. The strange part is, that she was feeling ok while on that medication but now she isn' t doing so well.

Is this true or not?

Many thanks!

Hallo Sonja
I can't really comment as I don't know what her tests and examination showed - but if you think her heart failure is out of control ( swollen feet, shortness of breath, can't sleep flat, tiredness, coughing) maybe you should get a second opinion from a private cardiologist?

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-11-18

Hallo Sonja

Reply to cyberdoc