Posted by: Lynette J | 2009-08-31

heart disease

49 female, overweight 20kgs. breathless everyday even with some small things. Doctor says my heart sounds normal. night sweats of late. no hrt, don' t need it yet. coming up stairs daily at work can take a few minutes for me to breath normally. Sometimes even get breathless when I lay down. Take cholestrol meds and anti-depressants. Do I need to see a cardiologist?

Hallo Lynette
There could be two reasons for the breathlessness - you may have asthma or other lung problem, or fluid on the lungs due to heart failure ( usually you will then have swollen legs, difficulty to lie flat etc) Please ask your GP to take x/ray of your lungs and to refer you for lung function testing