Posted by: Mel | 2009-04-06

Heart Burn on Clindahexal 150mg

My doc put me on Clindahexal 150mg, 2 caps twice a day for 5 days, its now 8 days later. Since i started the tablets ive been experencing really bad heart burn, sometimes i dont even have to drink or eat. Ive been taking Gaviscon and Rennies but they dont seem to help...
My question is:
Can this cause heart burn? or is it now an ulcer? what can i do to take away this pain?

Please help me.

Expert ImagePharmacist

This drug does indeed case these side-effects in some cases. It may cause inflammation or even ulceration of the oesophagus and you you need to contact your doctor at once.

Posted by: Busi | 2015-10-11

After i go for pap smear my doctor prescibed me this med but after day or two i develop loose stools and rush on my face and my doc is tooa far from where i leave wht should i do

Reply to Busi

I have been taking Clindahexal a day only and the day after I had started, my whole body was covered in a rash. I have to take the tablets twice a day for five days. Is it a normal reaction and can I proceed using the meds?

Posted by: rob | 2014-03-30

This is a horrible drug. Two capsules gave me the worst attack of indigestion I've ever had and the discomfort lasted two days. I stopped after the first dose.

Reply to rob
Posted by: Farah | 2014-01-09

I have the same experience and it also makes me feel really sick. The doctor has advised that I should stop it immediately.

Reply to Farah