heart burn

O have svere heart burn and lately i have realised that when I eat spicy food or drink fizzy drinks I get burning urine and theres severe pain which follows afterwards which lasts for 5 min. then when I start eating healthy then i dont get the burning urine and the pain as well. Should this be a cause of concern or its got something to do with my diet.

Expert ImageNatural health

i would suggest for you to stay away fro spicy, fizzy foods. Eat small meals more frequently, avoid large meals. Do not drink fluids while you eat (you are diluting your gastric juices), and chew your food well. you do not mention your age - sometimes heart burn symptoms can be related to having to little hydrochloric acid. if you get the burn and have a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice and the symptoms improve you have low stomach acid. you can use Base powder (Vogel) to neutralise the acidity in the body).

Dr Debbie