Posted by: Ronnie | 2009-03-09

Heart blood tests

I need to know when do you really worry. Had some chest pains and was submitted to hospital. A angiogram apparently shows nothing. I would like to know at least the meaning of the blood tests and if they are anything to worry about

Question: what is S-CK , my result: 294 (Range 38 to 174) Is this result high, medium, low? Then the CK-MB, my result: 10.2, (Range 0 to 4.94) again should I worry? The D-Dimers result = 0.8, with range 0 to 0.4
The relative index = 3.5, and the range is 0 to 2.5
Your input would be highly apreciated

Dear Ronnie

What concerns me is the elevated CK-MB fraction. This will show cardiac eschemia. With a normal angiogram I will not be concerned, as there is no blockage of arteries. I do however, recommend that you re-consult a cardiologist to have follow up blood tests, as well as a stress ECG done.