Question
Posted by: Andrea | 2010-04-30

Heart Arrythmia

While renting dvd''s this morning - having not deviated from my normal routine at all - I suddenly felt what I can only describe as a large airbubble (?) move up from my chest, through my solar plexus and towards my head. I couldn''t breath and for the first time in my life I thought that I was going to pass out. I managed to take a few deep breathes and leaned on the counter and was okay after that. I had a headache for about 20 minutes which reduced to a mild pressure afterwards. My vision didn''t blur, I have full motor control and my reflexes are still 100%. My concentration didn''t impair and my balance was normal. What could have happened to me? Is this something that I need to be concerned about? I regularly have mild heart arrythmias - I''ve had them for as long as I can remember. My sister, aunt and maternal gran all have heart problems (a heart murmur, a hole in the heart and angina respectively). My heart has always been healthy - my doctor has never picked up anything strange or untoward, and I have good blood pressure, good cholesterol and good blood sugar levels. Should I be concerned? Thanks!

Andrea

I suggest that you consult an internal specialist for an examination and blood tests. If you experiencing symptoms of arrythmia, it is very important to have it investigated. Heart arrythmia can definately cause the symptoms you explained.