Posted by: david | 2012-09-22

I had a stent put in 9 weeks ago. I have been battling with my health since Feb 2012. I was at work when I was walking back to my office and my legs gave way and I felt funny. I thought it was the air con so I went outside for fresh air. I felt a little better and I was about to leave for a meeting. I left the office and was driving when I felt like I was going to faint.I managed to pull over and asked a lady at the shop to call the ambulance. when they arrived they hooked me up to the monitor and my heart rate was racing and blood pressure was high. at the hospital they took blood and did a chest x-ray and found nothing wrong. they sent me home and said I must ask my GP to do further investigation. My GP did blood tests and did a general examination and found nothing. this went on weekly that my body was doing funny things like excessive bowel movements, going to the toilet 8 times a day. I was weak physical and could hardly walk without feeling dizzy. The hospital did stress tests and I passed that every time. Ultra sound showed nothing wrong. I had a scope down into my stomach nothing wrong with my stomach. I also had a ultra sound down on my pancreas and gal bladder and that came back all fine. On the 9 July 2012 I was driving to work I nearly passed out behind the wheel of my car. I managed to get off the highway and drove to the hospital where they did blood, x-ray, ultra sound &  stress test which turned out all fine. the cardiologist sent me home after 3 days and said if I feel like this again to come back to him. I went to my GP and asked him what else we can do to find the cause. he suggested a CT Scan Calcification scan of the heart. they picked up that there was a mild Blockage in the RCA (right coronary artery) my GP referred me to a cardiologist who looked at the report CT Scan and said that because of the RCA he suggested a angiography so I said yes. when he was doing this he found that there was a 70% blockage in the RCA. He put in a stent (promus element stent). He put me on Crestor 20mg and CoPlavix 75/100. He suggested that walk for at least 40minutes a day, I started going to gym to do cardio. But it has been 9 weeks since the stent and for the last I have been getting pain over the heart (pain in the same place) and my toilet habit is starting to increase again. What I am thinking is that either the Stent has collapsed or blocked again. I am going to see my cardiologist next week but he keeps saying it is in my head. I am thinking of going to another cardiologist for a second opinion as I feel that it is way to easy for doctors to say it is in your head and want to put you on anti-depressants.

Your advice /opinion will be appreciated.

Yes, feel free to get a second opinion from a cardiologist. You need an angiogram to determine the success of the stent and to see if there is any improvement of blood flow after the stent.