Question
Posted by: Amanda knoetze | 2011/04/12

heart?

54years, use medicine for high blood pressure, hormonal and using pills ,day or night whole body feels H O T, face always sweating(runs like water) sometimes purple in face and especially in neck area,smoke t o o much(trying to stop) gets tired quicker, sometimes short of breath , left side feels sometimes like needles ,overweight, tired of feeling like a big fat h o t lump. biggest iirritation is the hotness of body.... it never cools down. p l e a s e try to help me
Amanda

Expert ImageCardiologist

Hi Amanda.

Your symptoms sound like they are related to your lifestyle and not your heart. My advice would be to go and see a good sympathetic general physician, preferably female and preferably with an interest in endocrinology. She should be able to help you make important changes in your lifestyle which should not only make you feel better but also reduce your risk of getting heart trouble later in life.

(Remember that in women the risk of coronary disease is usually low before the menopause, but increases steeply when women reach menopause. So now is a good time to reduce risk by stopping smoking, doing some exercise and losing weight! You can do it if you want it badly enough, and you will feel a lot better!

One other thing. Its worth remembering that the hardest step on any journey is often the first one - and you, by asking for help, have already taken it. Try to find the sympathetic female physician I mentioned and get her to help you along the road. Good luck.!

1
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2011/04/12

Hi Amanda.

Reply to Cardiologist