Posted by: Sugar001 | 2009-07-02

My husband is only 25years and I do not know if it is heart problems or not. At night when we go to bed I listen to his heart beat and several nights in a row the following happens, his heart beats about 3 beats and then it stops (you can hear nothing for about 2-3seconds) then its starts again sometimes it last for about 15minutes and then everything is normal. He says it feel like he cannot breath when this happens, but he is refusing to go to the doctor and that he is to young to have heart problems please help

Dear Sugar001
He may have an arrythmia, if it does not influence his daily functioning causing dizziness, shortness of breath or chest pain it is probably not dangerous but it will be better if he could go for an ECG to see how many times per minute it happens to see if he needs to see a cardiologist. Age is not an indication of heart problems - we often see kids with heartfailure