Question
Posted by: heart | 2008/08/14

heart

i seem to have a problem with my heart condition. My doctor says it is 110 per minutes, what causes this and im not feeling sick at all. Ive consulted her twice now and the heart rate is the same 110. Pls help

Dear Heart
A fast heart beat is called tachycardia. It can be caused by stress, overactive thyroid, certain medication like cold medications, anxiousness and some heart rythm centre diseases. One should get an ECG and some bloodtests to exclude some of these diseases. In itself it is not dangerous but can cause fainting and unpleasant symptoms.

1
Posted by: tiekie | 2008/08/18

My husband has only 20% use of his heart due to heart failure. He is now 65 years old. He received a pacemaker nearly two years ago. He also have two stents which was implanted as he had a heart attack (in the hospital) while waiting for the pacemaker to be implanted . What is the latest on stem cell implantation? I have read about a cardiologist in Cape Town who did that to one of his patients - will it work for my husband also? Please help as I am desperate to help my husband !!!

Reply to tiekie