Posted by: Ermac | 2009-05-26

Hearing with regards to outstanding accommodation Invoices - URGENT PLEASE

I would like some urgent information regarding the following situation.

I' ve been working off site for the past 3 years. In that time I stayed at various guesthouses. One of the guesthouses I stayed at was very reluctant in supplying invoices. I requested invoices be mailed to me on numerous occasion. The reason for this was that I need the invoices to claim the payments from my company. With the lack of invoices many off the payments I could not make as I could not claim them. After numerous attempts to obtain the invoices I was contacted by the guesthouse'  attorneys. I conveyed the message to them that I am struggling to obtain the invoices.

At this point I contacted my manager at my company to ask for assistance in this matter. She suggested that I send a spreadsheet with my reconcilement of the amounts. I did this and also requested for a single invoice for the outstanding amount according to my managers advise. This was done Dec 2008. I spoke to the guesthouse personnel after I sent the documentation and on a few occasion one of my colleagues also reminded the personnel of the request.

Eventually after the lawyers phoned me for the second time I contacted my HR official at my company to ask for her assistance. After about 2 - 3 months of emails from her to the guesthouse with phone call and me going to the bank to obtain bank statement we received the invoices.

I was advised by my HR official to claim the invoices even though they are from the previous fin year through the normal channels, which I did.

Today I received a letter in which I must attend a inquiry with regards to the invoices and negligence on my part. The charges are that I was negligent in submitting the claims on time and that I claim that the company is liable for the payment of the invoices.

The people who initiate the inquiry are the people who gave me the advise to pursue this matter in the fashion described above.

Please I need urgent advise as I am according to the letter not allowed to have an external person represent me at the inquiry next week.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

It is absolutely necessary to bring proof of expenditure otherwise you do run the risk of dismissal if you have claimed same.