Posted by: Bluez | 2009-02-05

Healthy Weight Loss

I' m finally back at the gym after a very long break in routine (no, not just December!). As a result, I' m starting a bit slow on the cardio (only about 20 minutes a day) and have noticed cm loss around my hips, but have gained kg' s. Also, my body fat % has come down.
Any particular reason why I' d be gaining weight, but losing cm?

Dear Bluez
You are losing fat as exhibited by the decrease in body fat% and your fat storage places are shrinking as demonstrated by your loss in cm, so the fact that your weight has not come down, but gone up indicates that you are probably busy rebuilding your muscle tissue. Muscle tissue weighs more than fat tissue, so don't worry about what the scale says - you have 2 good indicators that you are burning fat.
Enjoy the gym