Question
Posted by: L | 2009-01-20

Healthy Weight Gain during Pregnancy

I have been seeing a dietitian since March 2008. Since then I have lost 20kg. She has put me on the low GI eating plan.

I am now 14 weeks pregnant and still following her eating plan, but have not gained or lost any weight. Is this because of a faster matabolism and is it normal? When can I expect to pick up weight, for I am still a bit over weight, I am 1.65m and currently weigh 82kg.

Is it possible for me to pick up only baby of about 6-7kg so that I can fit into my clothes again after the pregnancy?

I am still seeing the dietitian, is it okay to stick with the eating plans that she is giving me (+ my multivitamins &  folic acid)?

According to my gyne the baby is growing 100%, and he forsees no problems.

It sounds like the diet is fine. Overweight women often don't gain weight in pregnancy. This is equivalent to losing weight if you were not pregnant.