Question
Posted by: J | 2012-02-20

healthy treats

Good day,
Please can you assist. My 1 year old Jack russell pup is on a calory controlled diet food as he put on a lot of weight after his sterilisation. however he needs to start obedience school and I dont want to ruin his diet with fatty treats. do you have any suggestions for me?
Thanks,
Joanne

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi again Joanne, nice to hear from you!. I have a similar problem as my dog had pancreatitis and I have to be so careful with what he eats. What I do is buy some of the low fat treats that are available at vet and he only gets them for training and learning new behaviours. You could also steam a bit of chicken breast to use when he has been exceptionally good and as a bit of motivation. Nice to see you sticking with the diet! Take care

2
Posted by: Cohnpack | 2012-03-11

Indian food is the best food as far as a healthy diet is ncocerned. We are fat because we indulge in too many junk and fast foods. Our own simple Dhal, roti, chaval sabji, dahi and salad is the best way to maintain a good health. One must not forget water, drinking lots of water itself will help us remain fit and slim.Of course, we are much slimmer and healthier than most people we get to see in the west, at least here we get to see people a little in between, whereas there we can only see very obese and unhealthy people, or very slim and fit and healthy people.One must not go by the various research, that keeps changing every other day. If we keep everything in moderation, we can always be fit and healthy, without beating ourselves to death trying to be a Ashwariya,or a Kareena.

Reply to Cohnpack
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2012-02-20

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert