Question
Posted by: Wayne | 2011/01/26

Healthy Living

How can I detox my system/body. I''m heading back into the gym after a good few years and would like to eat right and live healthy.

Can you provide me with some advise please
Thanks!

Dear Wayne
Detox diets are risky at the best of times and esp if someone suffers from gastritis. Last year the media splashed the news that detox diets were harmful and even deadly over all the newspapers and magazines. This was based on the reports of deaths caused by electrolyte imbalances that patients had suffered during detoxing. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and search for the article "DETOX DIETS - DO THEY WORK OR ARE THEY HARMFUL?" which I wrote to warn Readers against these practices.
You can use an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), together with your exercise to help you improve your lifestyle.

1

Dear Wayne