Posted by: beauty | 2013-01-18

healthy ingridients

hi doc
I would like to know which baking ingridient for scone or biscuits are healthy as im trying to loose weight and im so inlove wth scones but prefering baking for myself.

Dear Beauty
Scones are indeed yummy, and the basic recipe which uses 2 cups of flour, a pinch of salt, 2-4 tablespoons of butter or margarine, 1 cup of milk (use low-fat or fat-free milk), plus 4 teaspoons of baking powder, will not produce a high energy food. How fattening scones are, depends on 2 things: a) How many you eat per day and b) what you add to the scones??? If you serve the scones with butter, lashings of jam and cream, and eat 6 a day, they will contribute to weight gain. If you ration yourself to one scone a day with a scraping of butter and jam on 'treat' days, then this should not hamper your weightloss.

Posted by: BEAUTY | 2013-01-19

thank you so much

Reply to BEAUTY