Question
Posted by: agric | 2008/07/02

Healthy eyes

What is the best diet for healthy eyes doc? My eses become very tired late in the day and very sensiitive to light.h

Dear Agric
I would urge you to have your eyes examined by an ophthalmic surgeon (dr who specialises in eyes) to check if your eyes are being strained or if you have an underlying physical problem (for example, 'dry eye syndrome', etc). Basically foods that are rich in fruits and vegetables and whole grains benefit the eyes, but if you should have a problem then diet will not help, so do have that checkup ASAP. If you are given a clean bill of health with the checkup then you can discuss the use of supplements that contain lutein with the dr (these products are sold by eye doctors and pharmacies).