Posted by: Lorna | 2013-01-11

healthy eating

You are back @ long last! 1. Is it true that Sprite zero is recommended as part of healthy diet? 2. What about mixed dried fruits?

Dear Lorna
Compliments of the season to you. I am indeed back and pleased to be here with you again for 2013.
I would not say that any artificially sweetened cold drinks is "recommended as part of a healthy diet". What I can say is that you can use a product like Sprite Zero as part of a balanced slimming diet, as it does not contain liquid sugars. Mixed dried fruit are excellent foods being rich in fibre, iron and vitamins such as vitamin C and beta-carotene. However, dried fruit due to their concentrate nature, have a high energy content, so be careful to eat only small portions once a day.

Posted by: ME | 2013-01-12

I don''t think this is correct. Everywhere I read - diet cooldrinks are just as bad as the normal variant. All carbonated drinks are bad for you even if they are low in calories, its all the other stuff that causes harm. You are better off drinking just plain water. I never drank water unless I was really thirsty as it had no taste and now suddenly through determination I am drinking nearly 2 litres a day without a problem.
Mixed dried fruits in moderation - they go through processes which sometimes remove the nutritional content. Rather opt for fresh fruit. For instance, Watermelon : very low fat content and you get a lot of water through the fruit. Pawpaw has great enzymes for your stomach. Banana is also good for you.
Always try to opt for unprocessed foods that have not gone through any processes which will remove the nutrients your body needs.

Reply to ME