Question
Posted by: Aims | 2011/09/19

Healthy eating

Hi doc

I would like your opinion regarding the way I eat.
Morning, I have Oats-so-Easy or Kellos (with low-fat milk). Around 10am I have x4 provitas with cheese, mozarella or gouda. Lunch time I have fruit, I normally make a fruit salad. In the evening I''ll have a piece of meat, fish etc. with a small potato or rice &  veggies and a green salad.
However I can''t stop thinking about food, stay hungry during the day. Oh, I drink around 4 big glasses of water and have around x2 cups of coffee with diet sugar and a bit of milk.
Also I don''t loose weight at all. The only thing lacking is excerise, I come home so late and just want to relax when I get home. Is there any adive you can give me?
Aims

Dear Aims
The diet you describe is very strict and low-energy, which would account for you always thinking of food and being hungry. You don't mention your height in metres and weight in kg, so that I can calculate your BMI to assess if you are overweight or not??? If your BMI is already in the normal range then you will struggle to lose weight and if your BMI is under 20, your body will resist weightloss because it will try to keep a healthy balance in the face of perceived starvation. If you are overweight with a BMI exceeding 25, then I would suggest that you try eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 min a day. This type of diet will help to prevent hunger pangs and also provide you with sufficient energy to do some exercise. You could consider skipping as an exercise that you can do at any time and anywhere if you get home late and don't have time to go to a gym.

1

Dear Aims