Question
Posted by: Claudea | 2011/05/13

healthy diet plan for teenager

Hi doc,
can u please help me with a diet plan.. im 16 and would like to have n healthy diet plan that will keep me strong and healthy (i would like to loos some weight) i am active and busy but would like to keep n constent body weight..
please help
tank you

Dear Claudea
Because you say that you are 16 and still growing, I would prefer you to consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will assist you with a balanced slimming diet that still contains all the nutrients you need for healthy grown and development. In the meanwhile, you can read about every aspect of slimming (the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by also checking out the ‘Weight Loss’ section and exploring the site. Experts agree that one of the most important aspects of assisting young people to lose weight is for them to do regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 or more minutes a day.

1

Dear Claudea