Posted by: Waltie Lourens | 2009-09-28

healthy bones

Which supplements is the best to use to help that you take in enough calcium for both bones and joints. After yogging I have lots of cramps. My docter recommend one calium pill dailly  but still continue having cramps?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Waltie
If you sweat a lot while running, the cramps could be due to a sodium depletion- try having more salt on the days that you run. Magnesium can also help for the cramps. Calcium is good for the bones and if you do not get 1000mg of calcium per day in your diet, it needs to be supplemented an 1 tablet per day is usually sufficient.

Posted by: Carol | 2009-10-27

There are 2 schools of thought w.r.t. drinking milk - for and against. Is milk good for adults and is it good for healthy bones?
I have regular bone density scans and I am diagnosed as osteopedic in most areas. I am 47 years old and have had a hysterectomy.

Reply to Carol